1. Hjelm K, Berntorp K, Apelqvist J. (2012). Beliefs about health and illness in Swedish and African-born women with gestational diabetes living in Sweden. Journal of clinical nursing 21(9-10):1374-86.
2. Hjelm K, Bard K, Apelqvist J. (2012). Gestational diabetes: prospective interview-study of the developing beliefs about health, illness and health care in migrant women. Journal of clinical nursing 21(21-22):3244-56.
3. Hjelm K, Bard K, Nyberg P, Apelqvist J. (2007). Management of gestational diabetes from the patient's perspective--a comparison of Swedish and Middle-Eastern born women. Journal of Clinical Nursing 16(1):168-78.
4. Hjelm K, Bard K, Nyberg P, Apelqvist J. (2005). Swedish and Middle-Eastern-born women's beliefs about gestational diabetes. Midwifery 21(1):44-60.
5. Hjelm K, Nyberg P, Isacsson A, Apelqvist J. (1999). Beliefs about health and illness essential for self-care practice: a comparison of migrant Yugoslavian and Swedish diabetic females. Journal of Advanced Nursing 30(5):1147-59.