1. Scambler S, Newton P, Sinclair AJ, Asimakopoulou K. (2012). Barriers and opportunities of empowerment as applied in diabetes settings: A focus on health care professionals'' experiences. Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice 97(1 ):e16-e20.
2. Wolfs CAG, De Vugt ME, Verkaaik M, Verkade P-J, et al. (2010). Empowered or overpowered? Service use, needs, wants and demands in elderly patients with cognitive impairments. International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry 25(10 ):1006-1012.
3. Livingston JD, Boyd JE. (2010). Correlates and consequences of internalized stigma for people living with mental illness: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Social Science and Medicine 71(12 ):2150-2161.
4. Spencer G, Maxwell C, Aggleton P. (2008). What does 'empowerment' mean in school-based sex and relationships education? Sex Education 8:345-56 (74 ref).
5. Suominen T, Rankinen S, Kuokkanen L, Kukkurainen ML, et al. (2007). The constancy of work-related empowerment. Journal of Nursing Management 15(6):595-602.